Your smile won’t stay healthy without routine dental care. You can’t get the care your smile needs if you don’t come to our office for regular visits. That’s why relieving dental anxiety in Fairfield is so important to Dr. Pablo Cuevas and the rest of our team. Don’t let anxiety prevent you from having a healthy smile!Dr. Cuevas on Relieving Dental Anxiety Read Transcript
Anxiety is a big thing in dentistry, it always has been. People have different anxieties over different parts of the procedure. So the biggest thing that we can do for you is to identify what is causing your anxiety. Is it the injection? Is it the noise? Is it the chair? And once we're able to identify those, we can control them.
We use noise-cancellation headphones, we have memory foam on our dental chairs. We have a dental chair that will heat up, we have a dental chair that will vibrate. Those are the simple things. After that, we also have (inaudible) that helps you relax. And to the extreme, we can actually make sure that you're completely asleep. I have a dental anesthesiologist that comes in, and then we can do the procedure comfortably and to the point where you don't even know what's going on.
There's a slew of little things that we can do to make your appointment that much more comfortable, and I got to tell you, I have patients referred because of the anxiety, and after a couple of appointments, that anxiety just disappears.
We’ll soothe your nerves with:
- Patient-friendly technology like digital X-rays, for fast and comfortable care
- Treatment chairs with memory foam padding and heat and vibration features
- A choice different kinds of sedation
- A team that truly cares about your comfort
- A dentist who takes time to explain your treatment options and answer all of your questions
- Comforts like pillows, blankets, noise-reducing headphones, and complimentary beverages
For a stress-free dental appointment, call us today at 203-349-3537.
Relax Knowing You’ll Receive the Most Capable Care
Not only has he been practicing dentistry for more than three decades, but Dr. Cuevas also has advanced training in prosthodontics, which means he is skilled in repairing even the most damaged smiles. He appeared in Connecticut Magazine’s annual list of Top Dentists for 10 consecutive years. Prior to establishing his practice, he taught other dentists the latest techniques as a faculty member at the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine.
Since he performs everything from dental exams to dental implant placement and restoration, you likely won’t need any referrals to an unfamiliar outside specialist.
Dental Sedation Is Available If You Need It
No matter how confident you are in our dentist’s skills and how comfortable you find our office, you may sometimes still feel anxious. We offer multiple kinds of dental sedation, so you can get the level of relaxation that is appropriate for your stress level and the treatment you’ll receive. Our sedation options are:
- Inhaled Sedation – Also known as laughing gas, you breathe this in through a small mask over your nose and almost instantly feel relaxed. It wears off quickly, and you’ll be able to drive yourself home.
- IV Sedation – An anesthesiologist can administer this sedation, which puts you into an almost sleeplike state. You likely won’t remember anything about your procedure and will need a ride home.
- Twilight Sleep – We will prescribe a medication for you to take about an hour before your appointment. Once here, you can relax in a twilight sleep state while we work.
We’re ready to help you with relieving dental anxiety in Fairfield! Call us today at 203-349-3537.