Your smile is a big part of your self-image. If you don’t have the smile you want, it affects how you feel about yourself. Let us improve your smile – and your self-image – with cosmetic dentistry in Fairfield.Dr. Cuevas on Cosmetic Dentistry Read Transcript
Cosmetic dentistry is something that we do a lot of. And one of the things that I've found, though, is that there is so much information online about cosmetic dentistry. And you'd be surprised, but a dentist can take a weekend course in cosmetic dentistry and on Monday call himself a cosmetic dentist. And that's the hard part from a patient's perspective.
I have been a dentist for 32 years, and I was a prosthodontist at the beginning of my career. And what I found as a prosthodontist, and the part that I found the most fulfilling, was really that we could design a smile. And that's what cosmetic dentistry is, is designing a smile that has the appropriate color and shape and symmetry so that it fits with your mouth and then it looks beautiful.
Some of the services that we use in cosmetic dentistry is Invisalign. We make sure that the teeth are in the right position before we can change the shape and the color or any broken teeth. I have seen with cosmetic dentistry patients that are going in the wrong direction. And what I mean by that is sometimes they had work done that looks okay, but it doesn't function well. So it has to be tied together – not only the function of the work that needs to be done but also the function and the aesthetics of the teeth.
So with cosmetic dentistry, the very first step is really just to see what you want and what can be done. And the way I determine that is with photographs, X-rays, make sure that everything is sound and healthy, and then we make models. And now we use digital models; we don't have to fill a tray up with gunk and put it in your mouth. So with these digital models and with the photographs, I can then put together a treatment plan, and we can go as fast or as slow as you want to. So there are a lot of options available.
The one thing I do tell people, though, is that there is generally one really good option and many bad options. And what you want to do is start heading in the good option direction.
As a prosthodontist and dental specialist, Dr. Pablo Cuevas offers cosmetic dental treatments to:
- Brighten dingy, discolored teeth
- Conceal imperfections like chips and stains
- Move your teeth into proper alignment
- Achieve an attractive balance between teeth and gums
- Alter the shape of your teeth
With so many options, it can be tough to determine which ones are right for your smile. Dr. Cuevas will help you decide during a complimentary cosmetic dental consultation. You may even want to combine multiple treatments for a complete smile makeover. To schedule a consultation, call us today at 203-349-3537.
Hide Smile Flaws With Dental Veneers or Bonding
Some of us have smile flaws that have always bothered us, like a gap between our teeth. Other smiles begin looking worn down over time or suffer damage like chips and stains. Hide your imperfections with one of these two treatments:
- Dental Veneers – We offer multiple options for veneers, so you can select the one best suited for your smile. Veneers will resist staining and keep your smile looking great for at least a decade with proper care.
- Micro Thin Veneers – This is a great option for people who are happy with the color of their teeth but want to improve the shape of their smile.
- No-Prep Veneers – For people who want to have a fuller, more attractive smile, no-prep veneers could be an option.
- Tooth Bonding – Dr. Cuevas can usually complete this affordable treatment in a single visit to our office.
We also offer Snap-On Smile, a temporary way to cover your smile problems. The custom-made prosthetic fits snugly over your own teeth. It can be used in instances such as hiding a missing tooth while you wait for a dental implant to heal.
Enjoy Multiple Orthodontics Options
Straighten your teeth without unsightly metal brackets and wires. Though patients of all ages will appreciate these inconspicuous treatments, they work especially well for adult smiles. Our orthodontic options include:
- Orthodontic Aligners – Convenient aligners can be easily removed for meals, for oral hygiene, or even for a special occasion.
- Clear Ceramic Braces – Thanks to their ceramic brackets and clear wires, these blend more easily into your smile than metal braces do.
- Six Month Smiles – Because these braces focus mostly on the teeth that show when you smile instead of realigning your bite, most people can complete their treatment in six months – or even less.
Make a Big Smile Impact With Small Changes
Even a small cosmetic change can make a big impact on your smile. On their own or combined with other treatments, we offer:
- Teeth Whitening – You can choose a treatment in our office for fast whitening, or we’ll provide you with professional supplies to use at home for more gradual brightening. Either option is more effective than drugstore whitening products.
- Teeth Contouring – We can easily make minor modifications to the shape of teeth, like correcting an uneven edge or overly pointy canine.
- Gum Reshaping – We can remove excess gum tissue to give you a more attractive balance between your teeth and gums.
Transform your smile with cosmetic dentistry in Fairfield, CT. Kick off your transformation with a complimentary consultation with Dr. Cuevas. To schedule one, call 203-349-3537 or use our online form.