Your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) connect your jaw to your skull, so you use them for chewing, yawning, and similar movements. If they become inflamed, they can cause a painful condition called a TMJ disorder. Fortunately, we can relieve your jaw pain and other unpleasant symptoms with TMJ treatment in Fairfield.
Our treatment will:
- Ease tension on your jaw to give your joints a chance to heal
- Protect your teeth from damage caused by teeth grinding, a destructive habit often linked to TMJ disorders
- Prevent pain from spreading from your jaw to other areas of your body
- Enable you to sleep comfortably through the night
- Eliminate associated symptoms like earaches and muscle pain
To relieve your TMJ pain, call 203-349-3537.
A Custom Mouthguard Can Ease Your TMJ Pain
During your dental exams, Dr. Pablo Cuevas will look for signs of teeth grinding (bruxism). He can also use high-tech instruments like our digital X-rays to identify TMJ trouble. He’ll treat it with a custom-made mouthguard that will stop clenching and grinding behaviors. Since we use digital impressions of your teeth to make your mouthguard, it will fit you perfectly. Putting a stop to grinding will not only make your jaw feel better, it will also prevent you from damaging your tooth enamel.
Seek Help for Your TMJ Symptoms
Jaw pain is the most obvious symptom of a TMJ disorder, but there are others too. Make an appointment with Dr. Cuevas if you’re experiencing:
- Recurring headaches
- Muscle pain in your neck, shoulders, or upper back
- Frequent earaches
- Difficulty opening and/or closing your mouth
- Popping or grating noise in your jaw
Don’t Worry About Scheduling or Paying for Your TMJ Care
We don’t want a lack of finances to prevent you from seeking TMJ care. We offer a variety of payment options, including third-party financing from CareCredit and LendingClub. We also want to make it as easy as possible to schedule your appointments, so we offer Saturday hours by request.
For TMJ treatment in Fairfield, call 203-349-3537.