- Non-metal fillings look natural in your smile
- Fix big cavities with a crown or other restoration
- Receive dental sedation if you need it
Cavities can be quite destructive. Fortunately, they are easy to repair, especially when they are still small. We look for signs of decay during every dental exam. If we find any, we’ll stop the damage in its tracks with tooth fillings in Fairfield.Read Transcript
With tooth fillings, if you're missing a part of your tooth or there's decay in a tooth, that decay is just progressing. It'll just get deeper, and the problems become even bigger in the future. So we use tooth-colored filling material, we no longer use a silver mercury. People love when their teeth are restored they still look like teeth; they don't have a big black dot on them.
The nice thing about tooth-colored fillings is that they are bonded to the tooth and they restore some of the function and some of the strength of the tooth.
We use fillings made of tooth-colored composite, not metal. Non-metal fillings:
- Look More Natural in Your Smile – With no metal to stand out, composite fillings will blend easily into your smile. Composite keeps its natural appearance, while metal fillings darken over time and become even more noticeable.
- Contain No Mercury – While both the American Dental Association and the FDA say it’s safe to use mercury in fillings, some research has questioned the long-term effects of mercury. We prefer to play it safe by using non-metal fillings.
- Require Less Alteration of Your Tooth Structure – Dr. Pablo Cuevas won’t have to remove as much of your tooth to place a composite filling. So less drilling is involved.
- Better Resist Temperature Fluctuations – When exposed to heat and cold over time, amalgam fillings can develop cracks. Composite won’t crack under these conditions.
If you think you may need a dental filling, call us today at 203-349-3537.
Choose the Right Restoration for Your Cavities
The earlier we can detect cavities, the better. While many cavities can be repaired with a dental filling, larger ones may require a different restoration. You may need:
- A Dental Crown – Since a dental crown covers your entire tooth, it’s often the best choice if your tooth is severely damaged by decay. We’ll need to take impressions of your tooth to have a crown made. The process is free of hassle with our digital scanning technology.
- An Inlay or Onlay – One of these restorations can mend a cavity that is too big for a filling but not large enough for a crown.
With his expertise in restoring teeth, Dr. Cuevas will make sure you get the dental restoration your smile needs. No matter which restoration you receive, we can numb your mouth with local anesthesia. If you’re worried about discomfort, you can get dental sedation too.
For tooth fillings in Fairfield, call 203-349-3537.