You use your teeth for so much more than smiling. If you’re missing teeth, you may struggle with once routine tasks like eating and even speaking. Dental implants in Fairfield will restore both the appearance and the functionality of your smile. Let Dr. Pablo Cuevas, dental specialist and prosthodontist, help you get your smile – and your life – back.Dr. Cuevas on Dental Implants Read Transcript
Dental implants are a great option for people that are missing teeth because it helps the health of the teeth on the other side, on each side of where you're missing a tooth. It also returns the function, your ability to be able to chew correctly. We used to have to use dental bridges, and dental bridges would force us to cut down perfectly good, healthy teeth, and that would jeopardize those teeth in the future.
With dental implants, I leave the teeth alone, I give you a tooth that's probably gonna be the strongest tooth in your mouth. I was fortunate enough that I was trained with Professor Brånemark in 1988, so it's been a long time, but he was the person that discovered osseointegration, which is, with dental implants, fused to bone. And I also trained with Ragnar Adell; he was the first prosthodontist to ever actually restore dental implants.
So in 1988 I restored my first implant, so I've been doing implants for almost 32 years. And I can tell you, bar none, if you're missing a tooth, it is the best way to replace a missing tooth.
With implants, you can:
- Eat Any Kind of Food You Like – No matter what’s on the menu, you won’t have to worry about your replacement teeth coming loose. They’ll stay in place without adhesive.
- Forget About Special Cleaning Solutions – You’ll care for your smile as you did before, by brushing and flossing.
- Maintain a Healthy, Younger-Looking Appearance – Implants will keep you from losing bone density in your jaw, so you won’t get that sunken look that results when teeth are missing.
- Replace Any Number of Teeth – You can replace one tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth with implants.
- Forget About Friction – You won’t experience the discomfort that results when replacement teeth rub against your gums.
The best way to see if you’re a candidate for implants is a consultation with Dr. Cuevas. Call 203-349-3537 to schedule one. Your consultation is complimentary, so you have nothing to lose.
Our Experienced Implant Dentist Performs Your Entire Procedure
While many dentists restore implants, not nearly as many perform dental implant placement. Dr. Cuevas performs both parts of the dental implant procedure so you won’t have to visit an outside specialist. This saves you time and money. His advanced training includes a specialty residency in prosthodontics, and his peers voted him a top prosthodontist in Connecticut Magazine for 10 years in a row.
Choose From Many Dental Implants Procedures
With Dr. Cuevas’s expertise, he can use implants to replace any number of teeth. Your dental implant options include:
- A Single Implant With a Crown – You’ll never know you had a missing tooth after we restore a single implant with a durable dental crown.
- Implants With a Bridge – If you have a gap left by several missing teeth, we can fill it with an implant-supported bridge.
- Implant Dentures – You can get dentures that attach directly to implants or dentures that clip onto a bar that is attached to implants. Either way, your teeth will stay in place.
- All-on-4® – In this procedure, Dr. Cuevas attaches a complete arch of replacement teeth to just four dental implants. It’s often possible to receive both your implants and your new teeth in a single appointment, so you won’t spend any time without a full smile.
No matter which dental implants procedure you receive, we’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia. You can also get dental sedation if you need it.
For dental implants in Fairfield, call 203-349-3537. Remember, you’ll pay nothing for a dental implants consultation!