If your snoring disrupts your sleep, it doesn’t just affect you at night. It affects you during the day, too, when you have trouble focusing on tasks or even find yourself nodding off. If the problem is sleep apnea in Fairfield, we can make you a mouthguard that will help you sleep more soundly.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Enable you to sleep throughout the night, without struggling to breathe
- Stop your snoring, so other members of the household get more rest too
- Help you feel more energetic and alert during the day
- Lower your risk of health issues linked to apnea, like heart disease and stroke
- Make you less irritable so you’re more pleasant to be around
If your snoring is bothering you – and others in your household – call us today at 203-349-3537.
Breathe More Easily With a Custom Mouthguard
The word apnea comes from a Greek word that means “without breathing.” That’s exactly what happens when your tongue or other tissues in your throat relax and block your airway. You’ll wake gasping for air, as many as hundreds of times a night, when you’re unable to breathe. It happens so quickly, you may not even notice. Your bed partner may be aware of it, though, and your body certainly is. Deprived of rest, you simply don’t function as well during the day.
If a study by a specialist confirms a sleep apnea diagnosis, Dr. Pablo Cuevas can fit you for a custom-made mouthguard. It moves your lower jaw slightly forward, in a position that keeps your airway open as you sleep. Your snoring will stop, and you’ll be able to rest more easily. It’s made from impressions of your mouth, so it will fit perfectly and be comfortable to wear.
Mouthguard or CPAP: Which One Is Right for You?
Another method of clearing your airway as you sleep is a CPAP machine. A CPAP works by sending a stream of pressurized air down your throat. You breathe the air through a mask worn over your face. If your sleep apnea is severe, you may need a CPAP. However, many people who suffer from mild or moderate obstructive sleep apnea find a mouthguard:
- More Comfortable – There’s no mask over your face, so it’s easier to sleep. And you won’t awaken with a dry throat.
- Easier to Use – A mouthguard doesn’t require batteries or electricity, so you can use it anywhere.
- Less Distracting – With no mask and no noise from a motor, many apnea sufferers find it easier to adjust to wearing a mouthguard.
Think you may have sleep apnea in Fairfield? Call 203-349-3537 to get a better night’s sleep.