We offer cosmetic dentistry treatments to make your teeth the stars of your smile. But your teeth can’t shine if your gums cover too much of their surface. Fortunately, Dr. Pablo Cuevas can give you a more balanced smile with a gummy smile treatment in Fairfield.
Sometimes I've had a patient referred to me or they've come in on their own and they think that they need porcelain veneers. They don't like their smile, they don't know what they don't like about their smile, so they're just saying, “I want you to improve my smile.”
When I look at it, it's actually that the gums are too big. What I mean by that is that the tooth has not completely erupted through the gum, so you're not showing as much of their teeth. So some people will say, “Oh, my teeth look too short or they're too small.” So if I reshape the gums, it makes the smile look brighter,C and it makes your teeth look bigger.
The gum reshaping is very easy. I would completely numb the tooth and the gum. In one appointment, you just remove the portions of gum that are too long. So it's basically a very simple procedure to improve the color of your teeth because now you'll see more of the tooth and then also the size of your teeth.
If your smile shows more gums than teeth, our cosmetic treatment will:
- Give you an attractive ratio of white teeth to pink, healthy gums
- Restore the balance to your smile
- Improve your self-confidence
- Reveal more of your teeth
- Prepare you for restorations like dental veneers
To see if you’re a candidate for a gummy smile treatment, call us today at 203-349-3537 for a free consultation.
Prepare Your Teeth for Restorations With Gum Reshaping
While a gum reshaping procedure will give you a more attractive gumline, it can also prepare your smile for dental restorations like veneers or a dental crown. If your gums sit too low on your teeth, there may not be enough tooth surface for us to safely attach your veneers or crowns. A gum reshaping procedure will adjust your gumline so we can easily restore your smile.
Choose Procedures to Improve Your Teeth Too
If your gums look great, you may also be interested in making some other smile improvements. You can address stained teeth or other cosmetic flaws with:
- Orthodontics – Because we want to make sure you get the treatment that’s right for your smile, we offer more orthodontics options than most other dentists. Choose from fast-acting Six Month Smiles, clear ceramic braces, Invisalign aligners, and our own clear aligners. All of them are more discreet than metal braces!
- Dental Veneers – These multipurpose restorations can conceal all kinds of flaws, including stains, chips, gaps, and more.
- Tooth Bonding – A bonding treatment conceals minor imperfections. Unlike some other cosmetic procedures, it is reversible.
- Teeth Whitening – A whitening treatment is an easy and affordable way to give your smile a lift.
For gummy smile treatment in Fairfield, call 203-349-3537.