- Choose aligners for less visible straightening
- Straighten teeth quickly with Six Month Smiles
- Clear ceramic braces blend into your smile
No two smiles are the same, so orthodontic treatment shouldn’t be either. Whether you need only cosmetic straightening of a few teeth or a major realignment of your bite, orthodontics in Fairfield will give you a beautiful smile.Dr. Cuevas on Invisalign Read Transcript
I love Invisalign, because it has changed how dentistry is being done now, because for many years, adults would have to put braces back on their teeth, and they don't want to do that. It would cut their lips. It would be conspicuous. They feel like they were teenagers again, and with Invisalign, you barely can see these, but I can predictably change the position of people's teeth.
It works faster than regular braces, and it's much more comfortable. You don't have to change your diet. You can eat whatever you want, so with Invisalign, especially when I couple that with any of my other services, I could put teeth exactly where they need to be, and very predictably, and people love it.
Our full range of orthodontic options includes:
- Treatment that can be completed in as few as six months
- Braces that are less visible than traditional metal braces
- Treatment that uses convenient aligners instead of braces
- Retainers to keep your teeth straight
To learn more about Invisalign and other orthodontic options, call 203-349-3537.
Aligners Offer a Nearly Invisible Way to Straighten Teeth
If you’re worried that braces will make you feel self-conscious, you might want to consider treatment with aligners. They are:
- Almost Invisible – Since they are made of transparent plastic, most people won’t even notice you’re wearing aligners.
- Removable – You can take them out for meals, so you won’t have to modify your diet. Plus, removing them for brushing and flossing makes it simple to keep your teeth clean.
- Comfortable – With no brackets or wires, aligners won’t irritate your mouth.
We offer two kinds of custom-made aligners: the popular Invisalign brand and our own aligners that we create in our office using impressions of your teeth. Either way, you’ll wear an aligner for about two weeks then switch to a new one. Over time, the aligners move your teeth into their new straight positions.
Most people complete their treatment with aligners in less time than it takes with braces. However, you risk extending your treatment if you don’t wear your aligners for at least 20 hours a day.
If Braces Are a Better Option, We Have Those Too
In some cases, braces are simply a better choice than orthodontic aligners. We offer two kinds of braces, one of which may be right for your smile:
- Clear Ceramic Braces – With ceramic brackets and clear wires, these braces are far less noticeable than braces made of metal. They blend in easily with your smile. They work in the same way as metal braces.
- Six Month Smiles – These fast-acting braces can correct certain orthodontic issues within just six months by using specialized brackets and low-force movement. They straighten the “social six,” the teeth that show when you smile. If your bite needs major corrections, we’ll suggest another option for you.
Use Retainers to Keep Your Smile Straight
Once your teeth are straight, we’ll help you make sure they stay that way! To keep your teeth from reverting to their prior positions, you’ll need to wear a retainer after you’ve completed your orthodontic treatment. We’ll fit you for a comfortable custom-made retainer. You can choose either a fixed or removable retainer.
You also may be interested in further transforming your smile with other cosmetic dentistry treatments. Your choices include teeth whitening, dental veneers, and gum reshaping. We offer complimentary cosmetic dentistry consultations.