The sooner you can get professional assistance for dental emergencies in Fairfield, the better. Some emergency situations, like an infected tooth, can quickly turn worse and endanger your oral health. Fortunately, our team is often able to provide same-day care for emergencies. In fact, you’ll be able to reach Dr. Pablo Cuevas even if you call us outside regular business hours.Dr. Cuevas on Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
Dental emergencies happen, and our office is set up with extra staff so that we can handle that. If you’re an emergency, it’s something really important to you, it’s something really important to me. But this is what I have found. Over the last 32 years, my own patients have little emergencies because they allow me to keep their teeth in a healthy state. Emergencies only happen when things break that should have been, or could have been, fixed earlier. My hopes are that we can manage your dental emergency, but my real hopes are, is you never have another one because a lot of emergencies can be avoided.
So, one of the things that I offer to my patients is that whatever work I do for them – crowns, fillings – I guarantee it for five years. And what that means is that if anything happens to that, whatever work I’ve done, I will replace it for free for five years. The key with that, though, is as long as you maintain your recommended cleaning appointments and any necessary X-rays that have to be taken periodically, I will guarantee it because I feel all that confidence on the work that I do that it’s going to last.
My expectation’s really that it’s going to last much longer than that depending on how you’re able to maintain it. But at least for the first five years, you’re worry-free.
Our emergency dental care includes:
- A soothing atmosphere, with comforts like pillows and noise-reducing headphones
- A wide variety of restorative dentistry procedures to repair your smile and relieve your pain
- Two kinds of sedation to address any level of dental anxiety
- A dentist who, with his advanced training in prosthodontics, can repair nearly any kind of dental damage
Call 203-349-3537 ASAP if you need urgent dental care.
Address Your Emergency With Restorative Dentistry
From cavities to broken teeth, Dr. Cuevas will resolve many emergencies with restorative dentistry procedures:
- Tooth Fillings – If your dental pain is due to a cavity, we’ll repair it with a dental filling. We use composite fillings, not metal ones, so you won’t have to worry about long-term exposure to mercury.
- Dental Crowns – A crown mends many different kinds of damage, including severely decayed teeth, cracked teeth, and broken teeth. If a cavity is too large for a filling but not bad enough for a crown, we may use an inlay or onlay instead.
- Root Canals – Infection inside your tooth not only gives you a toothache, it can also cause you to lose the tooth if it’s left untreated. A root canal procedure will relieve your pain and save the tooth.
Stay Stress-Free With Dental Sedation
Even if visits to our office don’t normally bother you, a dental emergency can stress you out. If you need help relaxing, we can offer you one of two kinds of dental sedation:
- Laughing Gas – Even children can receive this form of sedation, which is administered through a small mask worn over your nose. The euphoric feeling will take the edge off your stress.
- IV Sedation – Administered intravenously, this form of sedation creates an almost sleep-like sensation.
For help with dental emergencies in Fairfield, call 203-349-3537.