Dental damage can happen fast, such as with a ball that hits you in the mouth and breaks a tooth, or more gradually, like the unrepaired cavity that causes an infection. Whether your damage was sudden or more stealthy, Dr. Pablo Cuevas can repair it with restorative dentistry in Fairfield.Dr. Cuevas on Restorative Dentistry Read Transcript
Restorative dentistry means that we are restoring missing or damaged teeth. And we restore teeth by returning the function and the aesthetics of them. And we can do that with a variety of materials. If it's a small cavity or some decay or something that's broken off of a tooth, I can do that with a white tooth-colored filling. If more than 30, 40 percent of the tooth is missing, then crowns or onlays, which is another term that partially covers the missing part of the tooth. But what I want to do is restore the teeth to its original strength.
With missing teeth, the biggest thing that concerns me is that the teeth neighboring that missing spot are also being affected negatively. The bone that supports those teeth, your body thinks that there's no longer any function there. And what it does is it takes the resources, it takes the bone away from there, and the bone, the jawbone, will get smaller and smaller, and the support for those other teeth gets smaller and smaller. So if you're just missing one tooth, you're actually in the process of losing three more: the opposing tooth and the teeth on either side. I'm always trying to save those teeth also by replacing the one missing tooth.
Our restorative dentistry treatment will:
- Fill gaps in your smile left by missing teeth
- Repair cavities of any size
- Save teeth threatened by infection
- Mend cracks or breaks so you’ll enjoy full oral functionality again
- Strengthen your teeth to prevent further damage
- Improve the appearance of your smile
Regain Your Smile With Restorative Dentistry Procedures
From cavities to broken teeth, we can repair your damaged smile with:
- Tooth Fillings – Unlike metal fillings, we’ll match the color of composite fillings to your other teeth so they won’t stand out in your smile.
- Dental Crowns – Crowns can fix almost any dental problem, including cavities too large for fillings or broken teeth. They can also be used for cosmetic fixes, like covering stained teeth.
- Inlays or Onlays – If a tooth is too decayed to fix with a filling but not damaged enough for a crown, we’ll repair it with one of these dental restorations.
- Root Canals – A root canal procedure may be necessary to remove infection from the center of your tooth. Without the procedure, you will lose the tooth.
No matter which restorative dentistry treatment you receive, your care will be comfortable. We use digital scanning technology to make impressions of your teeth, so the process is quicker and less messy.
Choose From Several Teeth Replacement Options
With his extensive training in prosthodontics, Dr. Cuevas can make your smile look and feel as good as new – if not better. If you’ve lost a tooth, you have several choices to replace it:
- Dental Implant – An implant can replace a single tooth or many teeth. Dr. Cuevas both places and restores implants, so you’ll be able to complete the entire procedure in our office. Dental implants consultations are free!
- Dental Bridge – A bridge can be used with or without implants. Unlike dentures, you won’t need to remove it for cleaning.
- Dentures – You can choose traditional dentures or implant dentures.