Dental crowns and bridges in Fairfield can fix many kinds of dental damage. On its own or as part of a dental bridge, a crown can:Dr. Cuevas on Dental Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
Dental crowns are needed when more than 50 percent of the tooth has been damaged, either to decay or it’s broken, or there’s a crack in the tooth. Putting a crown on a tooth restores its original strength, and it also protects the nerve inside the tooth. Dental crowns and bridges are cemented onto the teeth, so they’re not removable. You don’t have to take them out. They’re easy to maintain or actually a little easier to maintain your own teeth, so you floss them and you brush them normally.
They feel like your own teeth as opposed to something that’s removable that you would have to take in and out of your mouth, like a partial denture or a complete denture. If you’re looking to protect your tooth, especially if it’s had a lot of decay or a lot of work on it, a crown covers and protects the tooth and returns to its original function.
- Restore a cracked or broken tooth
- Keep your tooth intact and strengthen it to avoid further damage
- Fix a cavity that is too large for a filling
- Hide cosmetic imperfections like staining
- Seal a tooth after a root canal
- Replace a missing tooth
If you’re ready to repair your smile, call Fairfield Smiles By Design at 203-349-3537. With his training in prosthodontics, Dr. Pablo Cuevas is especially skilled in saving damaged teeth. He can help you determine which dental restoration is right for you.
Digital Scanning Keeps You Comfortable During the Dental Crown Process
Part of receiving a dental crown involves Dr. Pablo Cuevas making impressions of your teeth. That process usually involves filling your mouth with messy molding material, but not at our office. We use digital scanning technology instead. It’s faster and more comfortable for you and yields more accurate impressions.
If you’re getting a crown because of a broken tooth or other painful injury, we’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia. You can also receive dental sedation if you need it. We can even make you comfortable with amenities like pillows, blankets, and noise-reducing headphones.
We’ll Make Sure You Get the Right Dental Restoration
While a dental crown is the right restoration to correct many dental problems, we may recommend different restorative dentistry procedures for:
- Certain Cavities – Some cavities are small enough to be repaired with a tooth filling, an inlay, or an onlay. These restorations cover part of your tooth’s surface rather than all of your tooth like a crown does. We usually use a restoration that keeps as much of your tooth structure intact as possible.
- Missing Teeth – While you can replace a single missing tooth with a dental crown attached to a dental implant, you can use a dental bridge instead if you’d rather not get an implant. You can also replace several adjacent teeth with a bridge. It can be supported by crowns on your own teeth or crowns attached to implants. Using implants avoids the need to drill into healthy teeth.
For dental crowns and bridges in Fairfield, call 203-349-3537.