We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community sure has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. As such, at Fairfield Smiles By Design, we are thrilled to once again be an open dentist in Fairfield, CT. While many things have changed around here of late, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to protecting your safety while you are here for all of your family dentistry needs.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Just so you know, our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Additionally:
- We will update our check in procedures moving forward and will inform you when we reschedule your appointment.
- We will be taking your temperature – if it is 100.4 or above, we will ask you to reschedule.
- We will require you to wear a mask into the office.
- Patients should come alone to an appointment and no one should be in the waiting room unless a parent of a small child or elderly patient requests permission to be there.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, a coffee bar and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends. Call us today at 203-254-0545 if you have any questions or you are ready to take the next step.
Dr. Cuevas and Team